When you get your first baby, everybody wants to give you advice. People telling you to do hold them close. Friends saying you should buy a cradle for better comfort. And, parents telling you to save money for expensive things you don’t want to have. In all that advice, the topic of how to wash baby clothes to get stains out never comes up. I don’t know. Luckily, I want to help you and I want you to help yourself by reading my tips.
Wash clothes When You buy From Store
Wash all new clothes you just bought for baby. Clothes should be washed with the best laundry detergent for babies with sensitive skin. Stores are more infested then you think. You ever think about how long the clothes been there? Maybe they been there for months or years. During set time, people come into contact with clothes. Citizens who do not take showers, may have infection, or, forget to wash blood. That’s a whole lot of infections that you baby can get into. Prolong their small existence by washing each fabric from store. I mean every fabric. Even, the tiniest of fabrics could have something that could give your kid something you might regret.
Furthermore, the people who work at the store do not clean clothes for your child. They will say anything to get you to buy their dirty product. There are hundreds of stores who sell things that are not cleaned. Even baby stores do it. Think, you never see people cleaning items at a store. They just hang stuff up and expect you to take it as “new.” Take extra precautions for baby and wash clothes when you bring them home.
Only Apply the Special Baby Detergent
Special baby detergent must always be used to wash baby clothes. Using best laundry detergent for babies with sensitive skin is a good start. Babies have skin that can be cut with a butter knife. Clothes could possibly cut the baby skin as well. Wash the clothes in the detergent to make the clothes softer for the baby to not hurt itself. Baby are also highly reactive to products made by adults. Do not use adult detergent for baby clothes. One day, you could see them having a bad fever or molding with some unknown detergent chemical. Each time, use baby detergent for the clean.
Use Sun to Fade Stains That Don’t Want to Go Away
If you are really tight on a budget, then I suggest you use the Sun to make stains go away. The Sun has been used for food for many generations. But now, you can use the Sun to fade out stains in baby clothes. The Sun’s ray in daytime is strong enough to reduce color in clothes. One small problem, the Sun will fade the color and might cause clothes to look ugly. This is not a issue if you dress your baby with old clothes most of the time. Fancy clothes should not be used in Sun however. Anyhow, use old clothes for baby clothes so you can use Sun to fade out stains. The stains won’t be completely gone but they will be gone by a large amount.
In order to keep your best water cooler dispenser running well, cleaning has to be done regularly and properly. Regular here is quite relative, ranging from 6-12 months. The cleaning process is quite simple, you just have to set a reminder on the next scheduled cleaning.
- A good half hour of your time
- A pair of clean gloves made of rubber
- Lint-free towels
- A clean bucket or container that is capable of holding a water gallon or more
- Some scent-free bleaching agent
- For hot & cold coolers, you need a small cork.
Cleaning Procedure for all Coolers
- Before commencing cleaning, disconnect the water cooler from the socket. That is a major safety precaution towards preventing electric shock.
- When empty, remove the water bottle. You should then drain the reservoir through the cold section. Should there be some ice, let it melt for draining. Adding some hot water could help speed up the process.
- Take the spill control seal or water guard out. Most come out after a twist, but some are fitted by pressure. Study your cooler to determine how the top section should come out. Some coolers come with a baffle and this should be removed next. No need to panic if yours is missing, designs are different.
- After the components are out, you will see a double opening that leads to each outlet. Remember the cork you needed for hot & cold coolers? That is to be placed in the opening at the middle as it leads to the hot section. It mainly serves in preventing chlorine entry into the hot section. If a leak happens, or no cork gets used, your hot water will have a chlorine taste that is hard to get rid of.
- Do some thorough cleaning on the inside and outside using your bleaching agent of choice with hot water. For rinsing and drying, use the lint-free towels. Fresh paper towels fall under that category too.
Extra Instructions for hot & cold Coolers
As indicated above, bleach getting into the hot section would lead to water having a hard to rid chlorine taste. No need to worry about cleaning this section as the hot water that passes through is sanitizer enough.
- Get a gallon of water and mix it with the bleach of choice (one tablespoon) in a container or bucket. After wearing the rubber gloves, grab a lint-free towel and dip it into the solution. Squeeze out excess water then use the towel to clean the interior. During the process, the hot water section should be corked off. Then pour the sanitizing solution into the reservoir and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- For the components removed at the top, they need not necessarily soak. A thorough wipe with the soaked towel will do. As for the air filter, 3 minutes of soaking is enough and clean bottled water should be used in rinsing it. Then, let it dry out completely.
- The sanitizing solution should be drained off through the cold-water outlet. After draining fully, fill the reservoir with some clean bottled water then drain. Repeat that rinsing process for about three times to ensure all of the chlorine is rinsed out.
- After rinsing, remove the cork in the hot section. Then add a water bottle, and drain some water through both outlets. There should be no chlorine taste in your water. If there is some, repeat the rinsing process until none of the taste is left.
- Lastly, plug back the cord into your socket. After half an hour or one, your water will be ready for drinking.
Always remember to cork off the hot water section of your water cooler when cleaning. That is an essential requirement as it could possibly mess up the entire process. Leading to an outcome that would be hard to reverse.